Thursday, December 25, 2008

Mele Kalikimaka!

I hope everyone has had a blessed and merry Christmas. I am at home, taking it easy because I haven't been feeling too hot lately. I don't know if I am coming down with the pre-cursor to a wintery cold or what...

My sister and her family arrived last Sunday; we actually spent the weekend in Chicago with Sarah and Scotty. Patty and Max came along and we had a great time...hung out at the house on FRI, and then went to the Museum of Science and History on Saturday, followed with some delish deep dish at Pizzeria Due , which is a sister restaurant of Uno's. We then braved the snow to the United Center to watch the Bulls beat the Jazz, and then headed back to their crib. On Sunday, we chilled and I did some super sneaky shopping for Steph, with the help of the wonderful Sarah. We then headed back and met up with my sister and her family.

It has been a blast having them in town; my other sis was in a few days earlier and returns from Murray, KY, tomorrow and we celebrate the Kupferle family XMAS. Hanging out with the family today and some observations about some other people and their Christmases made me realize the word 'family' has different and unique meanings for everyone. Some people, like my wife, have an extremely close bond with their actual biological family. Other people choose to make their friends their 'family' and rely on them for support through the difficult times. I tend to think that I fall in the middle; I have some great friends that can be some rock solid support, and I have some brothers and sisters that are amazing, along with their spouses and kiddos, and two parents that I know would help me along any step of the way. What's your DEF of family?

~~M14~~

No comments: