Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me, and Dinner with the Malones


First things first, a shout out to KBO and her hilarious post on Karaoke in South City. I know Steph was involved in KBO's bachelorette party, which resulted in good times by all.

Warning: this is a site with adult content not for the faint of heart, so keep that in mind.

KBO is a great writer and absolutely hilarious and immensely talented in a variety of facets, and unfortunately, her school district sucks.

Guess what was in my room when I got back from Cambodia? A birthday cake! They wished me happy birthday when I checked in Sunday night, and there was a cake with rolled fondant icing and a birthday card. I took a pic and will upload later, but what a nice touch by the Starwood kats.

Had dinner last night with some Christian missionaries currently living in Bangkok; my mom supports their ministry, and she went to nurses' training with the woman. They are pretty amazing people and have some interesting stories to tell. We had dinner at a place near their office and their apartment, which was a nice little Americanized greasy spoon. I got to experience the BTS (their sky-train), as well as some Thai beer (Singha). It was a good night.

Audit is wrapping...I should be finished by today. I am hitting the Suan Lum Night Bazaar one last time tonight. And, the hotel fixed my suitcase zipper, so now it locks! It's like being a whole new person! After the audit closes Thursday, we are going to the Grand Palace and the Reclining Buddha (pictured above) for some sightseeing before we head to the airport.
Coming home in 2 sleeps!

1 comment:

KBO said...

Thanks for the shout out, dude.

See you in a week. Ali Baba would say, "Everybody have good time."