Monday, April 28, 2008

Deepest Sympathies


I apologize for my lack of blogging ferocity...this trip has been crazy with the workload, and I can't believe I have been gone for over a week already.

Anyways, last week went well. We were in Peyrehorade through Friday. Our team then split up and went our separate ways for our weekend travels: one member of the team and I went to Geneva, most everyone else went to Paris, and one person went to London.

We arrived in Nimes last night; the town is a lot bigger than I had anticipated...about 130,000 people. I also found out last night that in conjunction with Pentecost, they have an annual celebration in Nimes called Feria de Nimes. It is an annual bullfighting competition that they host for 5 days; it is supposedly second only to Oktoberfest in Munich. It usually attracts over 1 million people to the city. Unfortunately, we will not be staying to see it, but I hope to grab a t-shirt or something to commemorate the event.

Working at a new location for 3 days this week, then heading up to Lyon to re-convene with my team and iron out any potential issues. This coming weekend, nine of us will be going to Amsterdam. We get in very late Friday night, but am looking forward to a fun Saturday of the Anne Frank House, Van Gogh Museum, and the Heineken Brewery tour. We are also staying in a hostel, because some people need to save money! It is called Durty Nelly's Inn, and I am really looking forward to it.

Posted some pics...I am a little behind and am uploading my pics from my last day in Bangkok (trip to the King's Palace in Bangkok) and my pics from Biarritz and this weekend in Geneva.

Home in less than 2 weeks.

Matt

No comments: