Friday, July 13, 2007

Ash'te [One more]


So, I am headed to Prague this weekend. We are leaving the office today around 2:30 p.m., so I need to be quick and get some stuff done! The audit is going well; we have found a few things, but nothing too crazy with these Czechs. Hours haven't been too bad....typically we are in to the office around 7:30 a.m. and not staying past 6:30-7:00 p.m.

We found a pretty cool pizza place walking around Brno the other day. And, our grand total for lunch, for the two of us with four slices of pizza and bottles of water, was $5. Some things, you just can't beat. Today, when I left the hotel, I gave the concierge a 200 Koruna tip [about $10] and split it amongst her, the cleaning staff, and the laundry crew, and I thought she was going to lean over the counter to kiss me. Some things will always put a smile on my face, and extreme graciousness like that is definitely one of those things!

Steph's procedure went well; all-in-all, it took about 45 minutes. I called and talked to her yesterday around 4:00 p.m. STL time, and she was feeling okay. The procedure took a little bit of extra time to get started because they were nice enough to consider Steph's nausea when getting anesthetitized, and they gave her something for the nausea when she would come out of it. But, she seems to be feeling okay, and will hopefully be feeling back to normal before she leaves to meet me in London!

Hopefully, I will get to see this castle [Prague Castle] this weekend. Looking forward to a good trip. I am really tired today, but I am off of drug-induced sleep [I did not take my Ambien CR last night and I actually slept fairly okay], so that's a good step in the right direction! More from Prague when I get back! We are leaving our computers at the office, so no Internet access until Monday.

No comments: