Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I Ate Brain Last Night

So, I have become a little adventurous in my eating habits. One of the girls on my team, Maria, is from Bulgaria, and their diets are slightly different than ours. On Monday night, we went to a fabulous place called El Bistro Estoril, which was supposed to be Mediterranean with a Mexican infusion. It really seemed like a French restaurant with a Mexican infusion, but what do I know.

Anyways, so on Monday night, I tried escargot for the second time and had some of her steak tartare, or raw meat. It was actually good. I had a really good Mexican tortilla soup that they prepared in front of me and let me pick the ingredients with....

Last night, after wandering the streets of Mexico City unsuccessfully for our first restaurant, which was inexplicably closed, we made it to a different restaurant, called La Canaries. It was pretty awesome with live music and great Mexican food. I rocked a Goose martini to start and was pretty simple with a Mexican-influence grilled chicken dish. We have been eating a lot, as always, on the road, so I tried to tone it down a bit.

Maria ordered Cow Brains for her meal [she was deciding between that and Cow testicles], and she wanted us to try some. It actually wasn't too bad; it just tasted really mushy and soft. So, I have now eaten another living thing's brain. I think that makes me a cannibal of some sort.

No comments: